March traditionally sees the start of the wedding season with 4% of marriages in the UK taking place throughout the month. But with average temperatures of 6°C, it begs the ever-important question; what the hell do I wear??
If you’re torn between the leftover sequins of Christmas teamed with nice warm black tights and panic buying a floaty, floral, pretty-much-see-through number, then you’ve come to the right place.
But before we get onto the outfits, here’s my 3 top tips when thinking about what to wear…
- Celebrate the cover-up – if you want to go for something more sheer then make sure you have a shawl, cover-up or even a jacket with you. You don’t want to waste time worrying about goose bumps and moaning when you could be downing free champagne, do you?
2. Lose the strappy sandals – I don’t know about you but the thought of standing around in heels with my feet exposed to the elements makes me want to wear fleece lined snow boots. So, choose a peep-toe, full court shoe, or even some ankle boots to keep your toes toasty.
3. Put a sleeve on it – consider outfits with full or sheer sleeves. They will look elegant and take the edge off the cold. Think lace, ruffled or even ¾ length – you know it makes sense
- Red Floral Print Belted Dress £16 from George at Asda
- Navy Lace Frill Sleeve Dress £35 from New Look
- Pink Tailored Satin Contrast Blazer & Trouser co-ord £75 from ASOS
- Multi-coloured Striped Wide Leg Jumpsuit £40 from Dorothy Perkins
- Orange Ribbed Dress £25.99 from Zara
6. Snake Print Shirt Dress £55 from Warehouse
7. Star and Scallop Stripe Print Wrap Dress £30 from Joanie Clothing
8. Horse Coin Print Dress £49 from Topshop
9. Green Plisse Midi Dress £25 from Pretty Little Thing
10. White & Yellow Floral Print Dress £54 from SilkFred
Happy shopping and tag us in your pics if you wear one of these! @mcrbeautyclub